Reporting to: Archt. Managers & Technical Manager
A Sr. Archt. Designer is assigned to a design team that will be working on a specific or specific group of projects, which is managed by the Architectural Project Manager. The Sr. Archt. Designer shall be versed in an area of specialty with regards to building systems. (ie. structural systems, interior coordination) This person is responsible for designing and drafting of structural systems, schedules, code analysis and all architecturally related processes regarding the project at hand. This person is responsible for maintaining timeframes as set forth by the archt. manager for the project.
- A.S. Architecture or Engineering (building systems base) working towards BS. In Archt. or Eng.
- Working towards ARE testing requirements
- Good communicator; strong teamwork skills
- Design Experience under a design professional (3 years)
- Autocad Experience (3 to 5 years)
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Understanding of standard building codes (BOCA, IBC, etc.)
- Technical Experience (proficient in one or two of the following)
- Structural Analysis
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Door & Finish Scheduling
- Specification Writing
- Professional References Required
- Field Inspection Experience
- Land Development Coordination
- Geotechnical / Environmental Coordination
- Knowledge of Landscape Architecture
- Experience with 3D Modeling
- Maintaining team timeframes
- Mentoring Team Members
- Maintaining Client Relations
- Maintaining Client Status Lists
- Respond to Client & Contractor RFI’s
Technical Skill Base
- Code Analysis (BOCA, IBC, ANSI, etc.)
- Excellent Autocad Skills
- Understanding of Base Mechanical Systems
- Understanding of Base Structural Systems
- Understanding of Base Electrical Systems
- Salary based on experience
- Bonus at Year end Based on Individual Performance
- 5 days after probation period per schedule in employee manual
- 10 days after 2 years
- Blue Cross Health after 90 days.
Please forward all inquires and resumes to Human Resources.
Return to the Careers page to view all current job openings.