Reporting to: Archt. Managers & Sr. Archt. Designers
A Permit Expeditor is assigned to a design team that will be working on a specific or specific group of projects, which is managed by the Architectural Project Manager. The Permit Expeditor shall be able to work directly with the supervisors to initially review the construction documents in order to accurately prepare permit applications to be submitted to the municipality. Additionally this person will be responsible for following the permit process with municipalities in order to obtain final approvals. The permit expeditor will also perform minor revisions to the construction documents and other tasks deemed necessary to the progression of the current workloads and permitting process. This person is responsible for maintaining timeframes and tracking spreadsheets as set forth by the manager for the project.
- Good communicator; strong teamwork skills
- Demonstration of basic math skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic computing skills including proficiency in MS Office suite
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Autocad Experience (2 years)
- Has good personal representation
- Ability to intuitively solve problems
- Basic knowledge of building codes
- Ability to interpret advanced construction documents
Technical Skill Base
- Lead site surveys & coordinate details with site owner with minimal supervision
- Obtain all permit applications from municipalities
- Compile permitting timelines
- Compile all applicable permitting fees
- Perform initial site investigation reports
- Perform “red lined” revisions with minimal supervision
- Coordinate all permit submission requirements
- Ability to perform preliminary reviews of own work
- Understanding of Base Architectural Systems & Schedules
- Understanding of remedial Structural Systems
- Understanding of remedial Electrical Systems
- Salary based on experience
- Bonus at Year end Based on Individual Performance
- 5 days after probation period per schedule in employee manual
- 10 days after 2 years
- Blue Cross Health after 90 days.
Please forward all inquires and resumes to Human Resources.
Return to the Careers page to view all current job openings.